November 16, 2005

Happiness depends on...

Me...and my reliance fully and totally on you Lord. That seemed to be the "hit me over the head" message I received today. You know sometimes it takes a message being pounded into me all day for me to finally get it. I was reading a book last night by Stormie Ormatian and that's pretty much the message I got from what I read, then I was reading my devotions today and it was a Psalm...another rely on God...then I was watching Joyce Meyer a little bit today and she always preaches John 10:10. Yes God wants me to enjoy my life, but it's up to me to enjoy what God has given me. Then I got a coll from Pastor Dean today. He'd been thinking about me and just wanted to see how I was doing. So sweet of him. Thank you Lord for hitting me over the head today. I made today a good day...and it was! God has truly blessed me and if that's all I ever get from now on, I still am blessed.

After Pastor Dean called today the hubby called me. I was telling him about PD's call and as we were talking I finally came to grips with the fact as to why I'm having such a hard time moving forward...these folks PD, Rachel & PL were a huge spiritual support system for me. There were times that Rachel would call and just say the things that I needed to hear, whether I liked it or not. Rachel could be opinionated, but she always told it to me straight and I needed that. PD has always been there when we needed him and PL too for that matter. PL...I think I miss her most...she'd always make me laugh and we just seemed to click. I got teary-eyed talking to Kev today about them. I miss them...terribly...and the fact that we didn't get to see them this past weekend really bums me out. They were my huge support system...now I feel like I don't have much of anything as far as spiritual support...not spiritual ROCKS anyway. But I know I need to move forward...it's just been a harder struggle that I initially thought. But God gave me a push today...so I'm taking up my mat and I'm beginning to walk...slowly ;-)

Changed my blog song today...bought the hubby the new Jeremy Camp CD...though this song isn't on that CD it is one of hubby's favs and I like it too...no matter how much we screw up, Jesus is always there to take us back...THANK GOD! For me that seems to be a daily occurance :-)

Hubby and I went over the last details on Disney tonight. He'll probably be making reservations for meals tomorrow. It's getting so close. Can't wait....38 more days!

Later all...

Tammy

2 comments:

Jada's Gigi said...

Thank God for Jesus Christ! :)His love is unconditional and never ending...
It is very hard to lose friends, especially those who provide spiritual support. I pray He will send you new ones and surround you with Himself

Sarah said...

He is your rock...your shelter...your comfort!

He will always provide for you, as he has today!!!

XO