December 13, 2005

More Christmas Memories...

Tonight I'm going to reflect on one of my favorite toys from my childhood...



Fashion Plates by Tomy. Loved these things...I always had something artsy or crafty on my Christmas list and this was one I played with for hours. For those of you from the younger generation who have no clue what these are, these are plastic plates you would use to fashion your own designs...they would come with different models faces, tops and bottoms, then on the back of the plates were designs so you could create "patterned" fabrics for their fashions all on paper. LOVED 'em. Loved them so much I bought the second additional set to go with the original set when I got the money. Still have part of the second set. not sure where the original set went to...may be in my parents attic, which if it's there it's gone forever ;-) So that's my Christmas memory for tonight.

Today was a long day. The only highlight was playing with my new toy :-)))) Boys are so ready for a vacation cause it's like pulling teeth getting them to do homework. I feel like I'm just losing control lately...with all that is on my plate right now especially with getting ready for Disney. I'm in overload. I have something going on every night this week except for Friday, which I'll be doing a lot of baking anyway. My house is a wreck...I'm exhausted, Kevin's exhausted...we are going to get to FLorida and just collapse I think :-/ Looking so forward to escaping for a week away from here and just concentrating on my family. I feel like I'm pulled in so many directions right now and not spending the time on things I really need to....I think that may be a New Year goal....

Had our Church Board Dinner tonight. It was good. Lots of good food, and fun. Got to use my new camera to take pictures. I'm going to have to invest in a zoom lens for this one day I think, but for now I'll just quit being lazy and move closer to where I need to be. My Olympus mad e me quite lazy in that area.

Well I'm going to call it a night. More tomorrow.

Tammy

No comments: