December 15, 2005

Christmas Memories part VII

Tonight's Christmas memory is a bittersweet one...It's one of my fondest memories of childhood...of course many of us associate Christmas with Jolly ol' Santa...as a child we had a very special Santa...






It was my Uncle Bobby...my dad's brother. (Yes...that's me in the bottom photo off to the left). My uncle didn't have children of his own so he always spent Christmas Eve with us as Santa...and he was so good at it. Unfortunately my uncle passed away very suddenly a year ago this past September. He just made Christmas so special...and with my dad and him together it was such a blast at Christmas at our house. It stinks that he never got to play Santa for my kids. He moved to Florida when I was in my early teens so we didn't see him much after he moved there. I visited a few times after I graduated high school...I may be wrong here cause it's late and I'm tired, but I think one of the last times I saw my uncle was when my grandma (his & my dad's mom) passed away...that was 1994. But the memories of my Uncle Bobby and his laugh and sense of humor playing Santa for us will always be imbedded in my memory as one of the best Christmas memories of my childhood. God bless you Uncle Bobby!

May you find the jolly fun and the laughter like Santa this season!

Oh my golly....only 10 more days till Disney!!!

God bless!

Tammy

No comments: