November 22, 2006

A Very, Very Sad Day...

I'm not sure where to start...I knew this day was coming soon, but is one ever prepared for it?
At 6 a.m. this morning our darling companion of 13 1/2 years went home to be with the Lord in doggie heaven. My heart is broken...though I know that he is no longer suffering...it was so sad to watch him go. I'm just so glad that I did have those few moments with him before he left us. He will always hold a special place in my heart. We just told the boys a little bit ago...Colton of course doesn't understand, but Brennan had the hardest time. Tigger will be sorely missed by our family...he was a great friend.

Because of all this I'm having a real hard time focusing on getting Thanksgiving together, you know cleaning house, baking...things I must do, but it's just hard...I was really praying that he could have made it through the holidays, but of course God knows best. I know my cyber-friends and family will be praying for us, so in advance I thank you...It is like losing a family member when you lose a pet...Tigger was my first real pet, so this is hard...I just didn't realize how much it would be.

Well may you have a blessed holiday and God bless you all.

Rest In Peace Tigger, my friend

1 comment:

Jada's Gigi said...

So sorry to hear about Tigger...I know it is a hard thing when our family pets leave us. Praying youhad a good holiday inspite of it all....