June 20, 2006

What a weekend...

This was a strange...hard...stressful...and thought provoking weekend. I'm hoping that this trip to Hocking Hills will clear heads, wipe out the cob webs, help to reconnect and just enjoy the simple things like just being a family. It's been rough and it's just something that we NEED...it's no longer a want or something to think about putting on our calendar....this is a desperate NEED...no matter what the cost. I am just so thankful that I have a God who is just there to listen to me day or night, hear my cries and just be my comfort and my rock.

Today went to do laundry and the carpet in my laundry/craft area was wet. At first I thought it was the dog, but then after I investigated it ended up being the pump for our air conditioner...soaked the whole piece of carpet. Thankfully it's just a remnant so it wasn't a total loss, but just not something I wanted to deal with. Austin though got an awakening to what it was like to be "the man of the house"...not sure he likes the grown up thing.

Went to go see Cars again today...went with the neighbors this time. I think I liked it even better the 2nd time around. Such a cute movie...If you haven't seen it yet you have to go...it's great!

Well I need to get to bed...have to start packing for our trip tomorrow. If you get a moment...pray that we have a good time as a family and that we connect in an amazing way. Thank you.

May God bless you with an amazing week!

No comments: