February 24, 2006

Life cycles...

Today has been a good day thus far...didn't have to babysit today...had a lunch date with the hubby at my favorite restaurant (always love that), boys are home for the weekend (I so love Fridays cause the boys are home with me)...tonight is movie nite...can't wait to watch...It's truly been a good day from this standpoint....

However, I did get bad news this morning...Uncle Tony passed away this morning. Though it is sad, I know he's in a much better place and not only that, he with his wife, Pearl. When she passed away in June I knew it wouldn't be long until he went too...it's just sad though. But I do thank God for the fact that we did get to see him this past weekend. I'm glad we didn't wait cause it would have been too late. May Tony right now be basking in the Lord's beauty. He deserves it. This though had me posing questions to God today....Why is the aging process so hard?? Why do we have cancer? Why do good people suffer when there are those out there that are menaces to society and are walking around without a care in the world?? It just doesn't seem fair. And as soon as I thought those words, I felt the Lord speak to me...those who are left to walk around this earth without a care....are they really not suffering??? Are any of us not suffering on earth for that matter??? One day those who die without the Lord will meet their fate. Those of us who suffer and die in the Lord...our eternal reward awaits. This world will pass away...we are only vapor in this world...here for a moment and gone. God makes many of us stronger in sufferings so that when we get to heaven...how much more glorious it will be!!! Those who are getting away with so much and are living it up here on earth without the Lord....it will be like a daylily...beautiful one day and into the fire the next. How much more will they suffer after having had so much and getting away with so much here for a short time and then knowing the eternity they will have...scary thought huh??? Not that I want to see people suffer...not that I enjoy suffering myself. But I do believe God only gives us what we can handle. This world too shall pass...God is the same yesterday today and forever...PTL for that!

Well just had to share that...know that was a long disertation...but just what I was feeling at the moment. We may not understand the why's and what's of this world and all...but God has a plan and I trust that He knows best.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Lu said...

You always leave me such wonderful messages and I know you are one of those angels God sends my way when I need to smile.

Jada's Gigi said...

So happy for your uncle Tony. I know He is rejoicing with the Lord and his loved ones. So sad what sin has done ton this world we live in. Adam certainly created a big mess didn't he? but thankfully our Lord came and the second Adan took care of all the mess. He made all things new and we can walk in that newness until the day we leave this place. He is in control isn't He?