December 12, 2006

Memories 10, 11 and 12

So behind...man I've been so busy...so much going on...too much going on.

Anyway the next few memories are movie related and something I've done for the last 6 years.

Memory # 10:

Favorite Children's Christmas Movie:

Can't resist this movie...love the meaning behind it...who can resist Linus speaking about Jesus' birth and the true meaning of Christmas...not to mention Charlie Brown's tree!





Memory # 11

Favorite Grown Up Christmas Movie:

I SSSSOOO LOVE THIS MOVIE...every time I watch it I get teary eyed. Who can resist George Bailey...I tell ya if this world was filled with more "George Bailey's" where would we be, huh?? It's not Christmas until I watch this movie...so folks it's not Christmas yet 'cause I HAVEN'T HAD A CHANCE TO WATCH IT YET!! Been far too busy....working on homemade gifts this week.

And last but not least...Memory # 12:

Answering Santa Letters!

I have been answering Santa letters in our area for the last 6 years. I love it! To see those scrawled letters full of wishes and hope, love and compassion...melts my heart...and hand drawn pictures...(fiddlestick...Blogger won't let me upload any more pics tonight....oh well...I'm sure you get the picture). My heart breaks for those letters that ask for their grandparent's to feel better or for daddy to get his job back...sometimes it's things like that which is all they ask for...hard to answer those letters I'll tell ya. I had my first disturbing letter this year...a boy asked for a headless horseman with the bloody ax and guns and stuff of that nature...complete with hand drawn pictures of what he wanted. Strange and weird! Creeped me out.

On a different note real quick...please be in prayer for hubby's job. They are talking about cutting hours way back...to almost half. I know God is in control and though every time one of these "threats" are made he seems to increase in hours, but I just would like some prayer anyway...with the economy in this area right now I'm just kind of worried. I know God will take care of us...He always does in one way or another.

1 comment:

Jada's Gigi said...

Love the part where linus talks about Christmas...love Its a Wonderful Life!!
I'll be praying for your hubby's job. I know how scary that job thing can be.