August 30, 2006

We interrupt for this nostalgic moment...



Less than two weeks...less than two weeks I will be seeing these people...I am so excited!! I have been a HUGE Journey fan since I heard their song "Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin'" back in (dare I say it) 1978. I was in 7th or 8th grade at the time...since then I pretty much bought all their albums...wore their cassettes out and had to buy new, and just have always adored this band. Hubby bought us tickets (not too bad of seats either) for my anniversary present...gotta love that man! And bless his heart he's going with me...and he's not much of a concert goer...he just doesn't get it...why would anyone want to stand for two hours sandwiched with other people and listen to music you can hear in the comfort of your own home? Maybe I can change his perception somehow....I wish I could have gotten more tickets though....so many people have told me that they'd love to go...but just hubby and me...loving that! We haven't had much alone time lately...need this time so much.

So on this note....tell me...what music reminds you of those high school days?? What music, song or band, takes you back every time you hear it?? Is their a certain memory that makes you laugh or cry?? Please share!

1 comment:

Jada's Gigi said...

I have only become acquainted with Journey over the past couple of years...they are my one of my new SILs favorites and my daughter and he danced to Faithfully at their wedding. I'll b etellin gmy age..but disco always takes me back to highschool....the Hustle...Stayin Alive etc...
Concerts are SO fabulous! Nothing like a live performance experience...your hubby is a sweetie for thinking of it for you and who knows, maybe he will "get it" afterwards...:)