July 2, 2007

Where is Tammy??

Oh...there I am ;-) Long weekend, but good...now I'm just trying to catch up on loads of laundry and housecleaning that got highly neglected while preparing for the garage sale. Needless to say the garage sale was a huge success. There were 6 families involved in this thing and I never seen so much stuff literally stuffed in our garage. Unreal. Unreal was also the number of people who sat outside our garage doors 45 minutes before we even opened!! When we opened those doors you would swear it was like a K-Mart blue light special...it was a frenzy. My mother-in-law sold most of her furniture in the first 20 minutes of the sale. She was tickled. I was even able to sell our swing set, which I really didn't think would sell but late Sat. evening this couple came over with a truck and picked it up...Hurray!! Overall I was able to make the money I was wanting to make and everyone seemed pleased with all that sold. Took what was left over to Goodwill and now that that is over life can get back to somewhat normal..whatever that may be.

Watching the twins tonight...their mom and aunt are going to a game so we are having a pajama like party...so far everyone is content...we had pancakes and sausage for dinner...love having breakfast for dinner...and now we are snuggled on the couch bed watching a movie...

Well thought I'd update since I'd been away so long so there ya go ;-) Hope you are having a Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Jada's Gigi said...

Ack ! Garage Sales! I have a love hate relationship with them...I like to think I'm doing a good thing, ya know recycling and all..not wasting...but I never make hardly ANY money and always swear I'll never do it again..! Good for you making some money and getting rid of some stuff!