November 18, 2010

A bunch of randomness...

That's pretty much what the last few weeks have been...a bunch of randomness, very ADD and squirrelly.

To start off...I have to give a huge trumpet call to my son Brennan who just competed in his school's Science Fair and got a Superior on his project! Way to go Brennan...we are so proud of you!!! He did his experiment on the affects different liquids have on baking soda. He had a bottle with a cork and tried to see which reaction would make the cork go the highest. He tested white vinegar, ginger ale, lemon juice and red wine vinegar. After all the testing, white vinegar won. I'm so proud of him, because I'll be honest...I really wasn't sold on this project (he came up with it by himself by the way, no science fair project books or internet ideas), so I was a bit skeptical and wasn't really sure how he was going to pull it off. But he did...he attached string to the cork and then measured the string to see how far it went into the air...ingenuitive! He's always loved science and experiments. He reminds me so much of me at that age. I received my first Chemistry set at his age and I thought it was the coolest present ever!! (Yes Dad I thought it was cool...and I know that it was an expensive gift at the time you bought it. I think it cost $75.00 at the Hobby store (mine was a much bigger kit than the one shown here...I think it had 75 or 100 projects)...but I want you to know it was one of my favorite presents EVER!!) Anyway, He will now progress to the County Science Fair in January and he is so excited! I'm so proud of him!


Also we just got done with selling popcorn for Scouts. Thank you to all who bought popcorn from my boys. I know they appreciated. Brennan now gets to Fort Rapids water park and also got a Marshmallow Gun. All their proceeds also has pretty much paid for their summer camp for this coming summer too. So thank you from all of us, cause that is a big help for us and we couldn't do it without you!!
On the fitness front...I just jogged my best mile and my best 5K yesterday. I jogged a 9' 29" mile and a 30' 55" 5K. Which honestly surprised me because I just wasn't feeling it yesterday. Now this past Sunday I was in a groove...I jogged my longest jog...6.7 miles. The best part of that was walking/jogging around our courtsquare in the middle of town. It's there that I take the time to pray for our city, the people, the officials of our city, the police station, the people in the jails, the fire dept...just anything God laid on my heart. I am loving this time and like I said, before I knew it I had logged over 6 miles....so I guess God laid a lot on my heart...lol!
The boys are starting Upwards basketball soon and they are excited about it. It's Bren's last year so hoping he has a good year this year. Colton...well lets just say he's super confident...lol!
I don't know where you are, but the weather here has been cold and miserable. I think the older I get the more I understand why people go south for the winter. I've had a dull headache for three days and going from the heat to the cold does NOT make it any better. Praying that Mr. Sunshine shows up sometime soon cause I miss him a lot!
Well I better go for now. Gotta get the boys from school soon. Have a super week!!




No comments: