October 29, 2010

Sometimes...

Sometimes life can be tough, sometimes things don't always go the way you planned. Sometimes life throws things at you you don't expect. Then again, sometimes life surprises you.

Today is probably one of the first days in a long time that I've had time to really breath. No deadlines looming on my desk, no huge to-do list...just an unadultered moment to exhale....ahhhhh! And it feels good....not sure how long it will last, but I'm savoring the moment. It seems like I've been going non-stop since...well, since I got back from vacation in August?!?! That's been almost 3 months ago and let me say this puppy is tired and worn out. The only sanity saving thing I've had these past few months is my jogging/walking and my friends whom I don't get to see near often enough. Though these past few months aren't ones I'd care to live again, I have learned some valuable lessons along the way:

Sometimes people make mistakes, sometimes you have to forgive and find it in you to move on...If you push yourself and believe in yourself you can reach your goals (and not to mention a little anger and frustration is a great motivator)...Don't go running after you haven't done so for several days...big no no....God always provides at just the right moment, His timing is perfect...Make time for your family and don't take the time you have with them for granted and protect what you have. And one I'm still learning about but making good baby steps....learning to say NO. My plate is more than full and I have this past month not felt guilty saying no to some things that people threw my way. I used to feel so guilty and take things on and then stress myself trying to get whatever it was done...I'm learning that my health and well being is far more important for me and especially my family. And through it all God has been there, He always will be there and I would be so lost without Him. He's humbled me in so many ways these past couple months, good ways that were needed. I'm glad I serve a God who is not only forgiving and willing to guide me over and over, but also that He's so very patient cause with me it takes many lessons before the light bulb truly goes on.

Well I'm going to go clear off my desk so I can actually see it again and just breath. Have a great day all!

No comments: