March 7, 2008

Whatcha doin'??

I'm sure that is what you all are wondering...been busy...truly...honestly it's been like a week since I've really been on this computer to play or anything. Check the occasional e-mail, but that's about it...I haven't even parused others blogs like I usually do....been busy doing other things.

First the boys had their birthday party this past Saturday. It's so hard to believe that my babies are 9 and soon to be 11 (March 13th). Where has the time gone? They really didn't have much of a theme to their party this year...sent out Transformers invitations and then Bren wanted Ratatouille...so I got a Ratatouille cake. Never thought I'd see the day where there would be a rat on my boys birthday cake ;-)

Dealing with sickness here noe too...Austin started with the Bronchitis late last week then Colton started with a cold yesterday. He's home right now enjying some Mommy time. Then I just got a call from the school..they are sending the kids home early today because of the weather. Supposed to get 8-10 inches more of the lovely white stuff by Saturday. Not fun! Spring just seems to keep alluding us. Oh Spring where art though?!?!?

Also I've started reading some more, which is pretty amazing for me because I'm truly not much of a reader...If I finish a book it's truly an amazing feat. I'm in the middle of reading Ricke Warren's "Purpose Driven Life" again...read it about 5 years ago, felt the need to re-read it again without the pressure of going through the church campaign...good stuff in there. Also finished (finally) a book I've been trying to get through for a while and never finished Stasi Eldredge's book "Captivating". Really good book. Explains a lot. I was in a Bible study with it once (never finished), tried reading it another time, again didn't finish, but this week I finally finished it. It felt good to finally finish something. Not sure what I'm going to read next...any suggestions??

Well other than that just keeping busy with the usual with homelife, snow days, sickness, scrapbooking (there are new challenges up at Faithsisters.com), and just trying to get past my sickness of CABIN FEVER.

Well got some things to take care of...boys will be home soon. Later~

No comments: