February 23, 2009

Congrats Brennie!

First I want to start off with the busy weekend we had...Brennan and Colton had their Father/Son Cake Bake and Blue & Gold Banquet for Cub Scouts this weekend. I have to say that Kevin was a real trooper as though he likes to bake, doing it with the boys can sometimes be a challenge for him since he has that Type A perfectionistic quality about him, but he stuck it out...even with the fact that they didn't get started baking until around 7:00 p.m. and after making and decorating 3 cakes (it was supposed to be 2, but more on that later)...by 12:30 a.m. they were done and after already working a 9 hour day I was proud of him! Here are some pics of their evening:








Brennan's was a camp scene cake that he totally designed pretty much on his own. He even sketched his idea on a piece of paper first before he decorated it. Colton's was a sunflower cake made with yellow Peeps and chocolate chips in the middle. We also made a baseball cake because Kevin had initially thought of making a 4 layer popcorn bucket cake, but it got so late that we ended up doing the sunflower and baseball instead. Brennan ended up getting best camp scene cake at the banquet and we indeed got to keep all three cakes...we brought the camping one and sunflower home...the baseball we gave away...and the camping cake was enjoyed by our Junior Church kids for snack yesterday...and boy did they enjoy that!

So now that my weekend is over...the boys are now in school...I've been thinking about something that God has been layong on my heart for a week or so now...and I'm using it as my blessing word for this week...and that is:


Quiet Time

If there is something that God has been convicting me about is spending quiet time with Him, which is sometimes really hard for me because I am one who is always doing something, working on something...there is always SOMETHING to do or needs done. To just sit and be still is a struggle...but that verse in the Bible has been speaking in my head all week...Be still and know that I am God...and also the verse Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. So this morning for the first time in a while, after I dropped the boys off at school, I got out my Bible...read a little...prayed a little...and just reamained still and listened. And it was nice. I made it through a half hour, not that time is important, but considering unless I'm in front of the computer or scrapbooking...for me to be still for 10 minutes is hard. So I want to remember the blessing of having just those few moments to BE STILL and just enjoy God's presence....may this be a reminder to me.
Well off to do what mommy's do best....have a good week!

1 comment:

lindafrancis said...

Those Bible verses are two of my favorite and I too forget to stop and "Be still". And as of late, I really need to. Thanks for the inspiration.