September 27, 2007

Here lies someone who is...

Totally whipped...drained...with her head still spinning on her shoulders. I feel like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz after the tornado...what just happened and where did September go?!!? And my house does look like a tornado hit it...amazing how your house can look like a tornado hit it after neglecting it for three weeks!

Yikes...as many of you know September usually is a busy month for me getting ready for the fair and all, but I literally feel like I've been run over by a Mac...Hubby was off on vacation for two weeks...he kept me very busy cleaning cars and starting to remodel our house...YIPPEE!! If we make it through this remodeling thing unscathed I will be so thrilled!! Right now we are currently in the process of remodeling our kitchen, finally replacing the carpet in our dining room (I have refused to do it until the boys quit throwing food on the floor...of course Brennan spilled a whole glass of lemonade yesterday...maybe I should reconsider {g}...) We are also beginning the process of redecorating Austin's room since we have no babies anymore the Precious Moments baby theme in his room has to go (per Austin). I already have paint, we've already picked out carpet and the border is on it's way. That will be an easy fix. The kitchen scares me...we are stripping the cupboards, putting on new hardware, new floor, new counter, new cooktop and oven, pretty much everything but painting the walls and lighting which have been done for a while. I'm just glad to have something in the works. Oh and we are also eventually replacing our back door and putting in a new glass door window in our dining room..I'll have to explain that one later.
So you may be asking..."What about that house you was looking at???" Well...don't get me wrong, I still love the house. After we found out that the gas budget (Yes budget) was over $ 200 a month we kind of stepped back a bit. It needs new windows, it isn't insulated and really needs a paintjob. Still like the house though...I still say God has to make that one happen. And of course now that I'm fixing up my house I may not want to leave it anyway ;-)

So anyway sorry for that long story...I have been so busy with Kevin's honey-do list that I had to litterally CRAM to get my fair projects done...poor planning on my part, but I did get them done, but now I'm exhausted. But I did win 3 second places and 1 third place on my photos and one first place and one third place on my afghans. I made a bad judgement on a couple of my afghans and apparently put them in the wrong categories...will have to try again next year on those and put them in different categories. Still not sure about my scrapbooks, but I'm OK with that...I made enough on my premiums to pay for my fair ticket and that is all that matters to me. Praise Jesus! I got to sit through the judging this year which is something I've never been able to do before because I always had the boys...it was interesting...and boy was that judge tough and picky...of course she has to be. It was interesting to watch.

Well I have to watch the girls tomorrow (they don't have school) and I think I'm actually going to retire early for a change this week ;-)

Hope all has been well with you all....it's nice to be back...in body anyway ;-)

No comments: